Thank you to everyone who sent in some great answers to the Quiz. The winner with a staggering 12 points is Sam Hoskins who runs the Hot To Trot Racing Syndicate. We are much looking forward to taking Sam plus 3 others of his choosing to the Pub when we can!
- Who rode Henry’s first winner? Richard Johnson
- List the names of the trainers Henry worked for before becoming Assistant to Capt T Forster? (1 point for each) Paul Cole, Kim Bailey, Nick Gaselee
- Can you name the horse that Henry trained to win at the Cheltenham Festival, first time out after a year off? Young Spartacus
- How far did Henry get when riding at Aintree in the Foxhunters? The 9th – the one before Bechers
- What is Henry’s favourite racecourse? Bangor-on-Dee
- How many year’s has Jane worked for Henry as his long-suffering secretary? 22
- Name Henry’s first Conditional jockey? Stephen O’Connor
- What is Henry’s favourite summer occupation? Mowing the Lawn
- Which Grand National winner was Henry directly involved with before holding a licence? Mr Frisk trained by Kim Bailey in 1990
- Who is Henry’s longest serving member of staff in the yard? Simon White
- How many winners has Henry ridden? 8 in total – 2 under rules and 6 Point-to-Point winners
- What is Henry’s favourite day’s racing of the year? Ladies Day on the Friday of the Aintree Grand National Festival
- What National Hunt racecourse has Henry never had a runner at? Plumpton
- How long is the All Weather Gallop at Downton Hall Stables? 5f
- Which television show is Henry most likely to take part in:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Britain’s Got Talent
- I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
The ‘other’ prize for the greatest number of ‘best, although incorrect’ answers goes to Vernon Taylor. And extra marks go to Sara Graham for being the only person to correctly guess the name of Henry’s first conditional jockey.
Big round of applause and thank you to everyone for taking part. I hope it has given you some amusement in these trying times; it certainly has this end!
Below are some of the ‘best’ responses:
How far did Henry get when riding at Aintree in the Foxhunters?
- The Pub
- The Gents
- The Start
- The 3rd, the Chair, as cannot believe he would have waggoned his way over it!
How many year’s has Jane worked for Henry as his long-suffering secretary?
- Too many!
What is Henry’s favourite summer occupation?
- Long shoeless walks on the beach and the feeling of sad between his toes (Ed: Henry HATES sand!)
- Hay making (Ed: time consuming but not his favourite occupation!)
- Croquet (Ed: Definitely his favourite summer pastime!)
What is Henry’s favourite day’s racing of the year?
- When he hasn’t got a runner
- “Voyeurs Day’ at Aintree (correct answer!)
Which television show is Henry most likely to take part in:
- Strictly Come Dancing: as you can ‘always find him on the dance floor at parties’ (Ed: Henry hates dancing as much as he hates sand!)
- MasterChef: “I suppose if he really wanted to……he thinks he could!” (From his Mother)
- Love Island